Form 14039 TurboTax is commonly known as Identity Theft Affidavit. If you face identity theft or someone stole your identity, you can fill up the IRS form 14039 on TurboTax to inform you of your problem or situation. Identity theft issues are increasing day by day. You might get a written notice from the IRS that includes your name, address, and social security number. You will get alerts when your SSN matches another taxpayer. Other red flags include questionable income from an unreported employer or a return you never filed.
You can do these things whenever you get these alerts-
- Call the IRS department and state your condition
- Download IRS form 14039 TurboTax and file it.
Go through the entire blog to know how to add, prepare, complete essential instructions to fill and precautions while filing the IRS form 14039 on TurboTax. You will also get the additional methods to prevent identity theft in this blog.
Form 14039 TurboTax- Steps To Add It
Go through the steps listed below to add IRS form 14039:
- Firstly, go to the TurboTax Online
- Secondly, sign in to your TurboTax online account
- After that, select the Return section tab
- Then, click on the Federal Taxes tab on the top menu
- Choose the Other Tax Situations option from the menu
- Then, scroll down and select Other Return Info from the menu
- Finally, tap the Start option to add the form 14039 TurboTax
Form 14039 TurboTax- Prepare It
Here are the steps to prepare the form 14039 on TurboTax:
- Firstly, fill out the sample form from TurboTax online
- Then, enter the required information
- Tick the checkbox and select the Yes or No option
- After that, navigate to the Signature field
- Follow the prompts to sign in digitally
- Digitally sign the paper & other documents electronically
- Then, save the record on your PC or device
- Choose the format type from the drop-down window
- After that, download or print the form
- Finally, please send the form and export it to DropBox, OneDrive, or Google Drive.
Steps To Complete The Form 14039 TurboTax
Follow these steps to complete your IRS form 14039:
- Firstly, launch the TurboTax application
- Click on the Start option and sign in to your TurboTax account
- Fill out the required fields with your personal and professional information
- After that, provide your contact data
- Ensure that you have entered accurate data
- After that, go to the Help section if you are facing any issues
- Then, use the sign tool to complete the e-Sign process
- Finally, tap Done and mail, print, or download it.
Form 14039 TurboTax- Important Instructions
Here are a few instructions to fill out the IRS form 14039:
- Firstly, choose the Identity Theft issue
- Then, click on the checkbox behind the notice
- Attach the copies of your DL, Passport, SSN, etc.
- After that, fill out the required details
- Then, complete the form and submit it.
- Finally, mail or fax the documents.
You can follow these instructions to confirm your identity:
- Date of Birth
- Contact Details (Address, Email, Phone)
- Social Security Number
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Tax return documents of the previous year.
Form 14039 TurboTax- Precautions
If someone has more details about you and your other information, then they can use this info to file a fraudulent tax return. Take these precautions while filling out the IRS form 14039 TurboTax:
- Use potential victim box
- A stolen wallet will lead you to identity left
- Check the second box to report future returns
- Mail your affidavit
- Call the IRS Identity Protection toll-free number.
You should protect your identity and data:
- IRS Identity Protection Pins
- Multi-factor Authentication
- Phishing Scams or Emails
Form 14039 TurboTax- Prevent Identity Theft
Identity Theft makes you leak your personal information like your Passport, Driver’s license, Social security card, or other state or federal ID. You can prevent identity theft by these instructions:
- First of all, o not share your confidential information
- Secure all your original documents at home and use copies
- Be caring while providing social security number details
- Moreover, never clicks on email links
- Check out your Credit reports monthly or periodically
- Scan your devices for safety & security
- Unsubscribe from free tax preparation mails
- Resolve the question about your refund or return
- Do not share the SSN or any personal information on your phone
- Most importantly, use antivirus to keep out the virus attack.
You can also take the following actions if you are a victim:
- I got an unrequested EIN
- Data Breach Alert
- Tax-related Identity Theft
- Employment-related Identity Theft.
Here are the simple terms related to online safety:
- Use firewall & security softwares for your device
- Create unique, strong, and easy to remember passwords
- Enable and use a 2-step verification process
- Use secure websites during payments or other transactions.
Follow these instructions to prevent phishing:
- Do not share personal information over phone calls
- Examine your emails and verify the sender
- Never provide confidential information
- Review your banking and cards activities from time to time
- Check your banking statements for unusual activities
Follow these steps to prevent tax fraud:
- Carefully choose your e-filing partner
- Examine your books and find out irregularities
- Monitor communication between your and IRS or tax agency
- After that, ensure that your tax records are safe
- Encrypt your document with a strong password.
Form 14039 TurboTax- Signs Of Identity Theft
You need to be alert if:
- You got a notice from IRS about tax return
- Can not file the tax return due to the duplicate SSN
- Get a transcript in the mail
- New Online account created in your name
- The existing account has been accessed or closed
- You owe additional tax offset
- I did not file the return
- Wages or any other income from an employer you never worked for
- Most importantly, you did not request an EIN, but you got one.
Form 14039 TurboTax- Common Mistakes
Here are the few common mistakes you need to avoid while filing the IRS form 14039 TurboTax:
- Mathematical mistakes
- Incorrect taxpayer name
- Incorrect SSN or Social Security Number.
Form 14039 TurboTax- Complete The e-Sign Process
Here are the quick steps to finalize the e-sign process-
- Firstly, launch the TurboTax and sign in to your account
- Click on the Get Form option to get the IRS form
- After that, enter the correct details
- Select your answer in the box
- Then, answer the asked question on the TurboTax window
- Insert the current date and digital signature
- Then, tap Done to add your signature
- Finally, download, save, print, or mail the IRS form.
Form 14039 TurboTax is also known as the Identity Theft Affidavit Form. You can quickly fill up the IRS identity theft form 14039 by following the 14039 instructions given above. If you need any expert help, you must contact our accounting professionals for better support.
Wire IT Solutions is best known for year-end finalization services, bookkeeping services, individual tax filing, and preparation services. Wire IT Solutions might be your partner to grow your business instantly.