QuickBooks Online users should read the whole article, to learn how to setup QuickBooks Online for any kind of business in simple and easy steps. QuickBooks is the most popular accounting software all over the world. It offers you a better insight. You can easily set up QuickBooks Online for your business on any Windows or Mac device. If you are a new QuickBooks Online user, then follow these steps to get started in your QuickBooks account. First of all, you need to enter the company information under the Accounts and Settings menu. Choose a start date for your fiscal year. After that, choose the accounting method and click the currency. QuickBooks Online lets you Set up a logo, Create or manage invoices, Set up Taxes, etc.
All the actions mentioned above are required to start a new business and a QuickBooks Online account. Here is a step-by-step guide to getting started with QuickBooks. If you are using the QuickBooks software for the first time, go through these basic steps:
Essential Tips & Tricks For The First Time QuickBooks User
If you are using the QuickBooks software for the first time, here are the tips & tricks for you. These tips will help you become more familiar with the QuickBooks software.
Connect QuickBooks With Payroll Software
QuickBooks allows you to sync third-party payroll software. Payroll software will help you stay up-to-date. It will provide the latest information related to tax codes and tax law changes. As a result, you might save a lot of time and money. Using third-party software is an easier approach.
Separate Business And Personal Expenses
QuickBooks allow you to sync your checking account into the data. All transactions appear in the software. But, you should use different credit cards or bank accounts so that you do not mix business and personal expenses. Business accounts should not include personal expenses for a lot of security purposes.
Use Invoices & Estimates Carefully
Quickbooks’ invoice and estimate feature automatically post accounting activity whenever you use these functions. QuickBooks allows you to create estimates and invoices separately. You can also use built-in invoices and estimates.
How To Setup Quickbooks Online: Register
First of all, you should complete the registration process in order to use QuickBooks Online. The latest updates allow you to register a new account in less than a minute. You can also enjoy all QuickBooks packages in the free trial version for specific days. However, the QuickBook Subscription service has three plans.
- Simple Start
To register or start a QuickBooks Online free trial, you will have to provide your personal information like Name, Email, Username, and Password. However, you will not need any credit card for your free trial.
Minimum Requirements For QuickBooks Online
You will need a compatible browser to use the QuickBooks Online services. Here is the list of compatible or supported browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 10
- Safari 6.1, or Higher.
How To Setup Quickbooks Online: Company Preference
After the successful registration, you must complete the login process to get to your QuickBooks Dashboard. QuickBooks Online dashboard lets you set up different parts of your new QuickBooks account. Follow these steps to set up your company preference.
- Firstly, launch The browser on your device
- After that, visit the QuickBooks Online website
- Complete the Sign-in process
- Then, navigate the Company tab on the top menu bar
- Click the Preferences option
- After that, edit the contact information of your company
- Change the company preferences from the menu
- Finally, save the company preference changes.
How To Setup Quickbooks Online: Account Settings
QuickBooks Online does not require completing all the account settings. But, the older version forces you to complete the account settings customization. To customize the QuickBooks Account settings, follow these steps:
- Firstly, launch any updated internet browser application
- Secondly, visit QuickBooks Online website and complete the sign-in process
- After that, tap the QB Link tab from the dashboard
- Click the File option from the top-left corner
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu
- Then, click the General tab option
- Tap the Online menu option from the left menu
- Click the Connect option and customize your account settings
- Finally, tap OK to save changes
How To Setup Quickbooks Online: Import Business Data
QuickBooks allows you to import your business data from any existing QuickBooks account. You must use the same data on your newly created account without any issue. QuickBooks Online lets you import company data through Excel charts of accounts, Email applications, Customer data from Excel, Transactions from your bank accounts, and data from QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks Online lets you import these business data:
|Customer & Vendor Data||Gmail, Outlook, or Excel|
|Bank Transactions||QFX, OFX, or QBO file-formats|
|Company Data||QuickBooks Desktop|
You can perform the actions as mentioned earlier by following these steps:
- Firstly, open a web browser application to visit QuickBooks online website
- After that, complete the login process and navigate to the dashboard
- Select the Company tab on the top menu bar
- After that, click on the More option
- Tap Import data on the drop-down menu
- Then, choose the required option on the menu settings
- Follow on-screen prompts and review the data
- Finalize the import process.
How To Setup Quickbooks Online: Sync Your Bank Accounts
You can connect your bank accounts with QuickBooks Online. Go through these step-by-step processes:
- Firstly, launch any updated internet browser application
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Online website
- Finalize the login process by providing the required details
- After that, click on the Banking tab to proceed further
- Click the Download Transactions tab from the menu
- Then, enter the name of your bank and account number
- Use your online banking login and password to sync the bank account
- After that, follow the prompts and import the bank transactions
- Finally, attach customers, accounts, and vendors to generate credit and debit info.
How To Setup Quickbooks Online: Sync Business Credit Cards
You must sync your Credit card accounts to view all the credit card information in QuickBooks Online. As a result, you will not have to record your transactions or data manually. Go through these simple steps to sync your credit cards:
- Firstly, visit the QuickBooks Online site from any internet browser
- Fill out the required details and complete the login process
- After that, navigate to the QuickBooks Online Dashboard menu
- Select the Banking option from the top menu bar
- Then, click on the More option from menu settings
- Tap Registers to continue further in the process
- Then, fill out the account details and tap OK
- Choose the account type from menu settings
- Click on the Credit Card option to launch the credit card setup wizard
- Follow the prompts and complete the synchronization process.
How To Setup Quickbooks Online: Create & Manage Invoices
A good-looking invoice represents a great business. Customers and vendors should be impressed by your invoices. QuickBooks allows you to customize your invoices with your own company logo and branding. You must change these things on your invoice if you are a QuickBooks Plus subscriber:
How To Create A New Invoice
Go through these steps to get the customization menu:
- Firstly, log in to your QuickBooks Online account from any secure browser
- After that, navigate to the Dashboard
- Click the Customers tab
- Then, click on the Create Invoice option
- Choose any invoice template from the list
- Finally, select a design that suits your business.
How To Add Your Company Logo
QuickBooks Online will edit the logo to fit the logo inside a square box. As a result, you might notice a little bit of distortion. You must also crop the logo and make it fit into a square. Anyone can add their own company logo to the invoice by following these simple steps:
- Firstly, click on the Create Invoice tab
- Select the Customize Design and Layout option from the drop-down menu settings
- After that, click on the Customize Data Layout button
- Tap the Basic Customization option to proceed further
- Then, locate and tap the Use Logo checkbox in the window
- Click the logo file from the storage setup
- After that, upload the logo file
- Click Open to preview the logo
- Finally, tap OK to save the logo file.
How To Setup Quickbooks Online: Import Contacts
QuickBooks Online offers an easy setup to import your contacts. Follow these steps to import contacts:
- Firstly, launch the internet browser and go to the QuickBooks Online official website
- After that, enter your username and password and click the QuickBooks account
- Then, select the Company tab from menu settings
- Click on the More option
- Then, tap Import Data to continue further in the process
- Click the Vendors or Customers option
- Then, upload the data in a CSV or Excel file
- QuickBooks Online will fill the data into the fields automatically
- After that, review the imported data on the import screen
- Finally, tap Continue to upload your contacts successfully.
You will get a better sight of how to setup QuickBooks Online after reading the whole article. You must become a QuickBooks Online master by following the tutorials listed above in no time. The mentioned steps will make learning how to set up QuickBooks Online easier for everyone. If you are facing any error code issue while using QuickBooks or any other accounting or business management software, then please check out our blogs section to fix the error code issue. Wire IT Solutions offers professional services like Software Support, Business Account Management Services, and Individual Tax Filing services.