QuickBooks Error 6123,0 occurs whenever you try to update your company files in a newly released version of QuickBooks desktop accounting software. The error code 6123,0 may also be generated when accessing a file online or restoring a QuickBooks Backup file.
The article includes three different solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error code 6123,0. The reason behind the error code may differ from user to user. You can follow the step-by-step process to fix the error code without issues. The best strategy to fix the QuickBooks error code 6123,0 is to start the troubleshooting process first. If the method does not work for you, move to the following method and fix the QuickBooks error.
Signs & Reasons Behind The QuickBooks Error 6123,0
The primary reasons for QuickBooks Error 6123,0 are listed below:
- Due to the active privacy setting
- Older version of QuickBooks desktop software
- QuickBooks file name includes special characters
- Change in computer system’s name
- Customize Firewall security setting
- Corrupted Windows OS
- Damaged QuickBooks files & folders
- Blocked Web bugs filter.
These signs will help you to identify the QuickBooks Error 6123,0-
- QuickBooks desktop software does not respond properly
- Your system might stop
- Error code message on your screen
- QuickBooks software does not open properly.
Fix QuickBooks Error 6123,0- Rename .NG &.TLG Files
File extensions .ng and .tlg are part of QuickBooks data files. These data file extensions (.ng & .tlg) contain the required setting and configuration to launch and use QuickBooks accounting management software in multi-user mode.
The .ng and .tlg files could result in QuickBooks error 6123,0 if they are corrupted or damaged. You can fix the error code by renaming the QuickBooks data files. Renaming the files will not harm your PC or cause data loss. These data files can be automatically created whenever you use QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Follow the steps given below to rename the .ng and .tlg files:
- Firstly, go to the company file’s folder
- Search for .tlg and .ng files extension
- Ensure that the files have similar names as company files
- After that, tap the file name and right-click on it
- Select the Rename option from the drop-down menu
- Then, use old or new as a file extension
- Launch the QuickBooks app on your device
- Finally, sign in to your company file
Follow the following method if you are still facing the QuickBooks Error 6123,0.
Read More:- Quickbooks Error 1603 (Resolved In 6 Simple Steps)
Fix QuickBooks Error 6123,0- Allow Folder Settings
If you do not have specific permission for the company files folder, you may encounter QuickBooks Error 6123,0. You can set up folder permissions to resolve the error code. Here are a few steps for folder permission setup.
- Firstly, locate the company file’s folder
- After that, right-click on the icon
- Select Properties option from the drop-down settings
- Click on the Security tab in the Properties window
- Then, select the Advanced tab from the menu
- Choose QBDataServiceUserXX from the list
- After that, tap Edit to customize the folder settings
- Finally, ensure that you have allowed these settings
- Read Permissions
- Write Attributes
- Write Extended Attributes
- Create Folders
- Create Files
- Read Attributes
- Read Extended Attributes
- List Folder
- Read Data
- Execute File
- Traverse Folder
Fix QuickBooks Error 6123,0- Customize Folder Permissions
Here are the steps to make changes to the folder permissions:
- Firstly, right-click on the Start menu icon
- Select the File Explorer option from the window
- Then, navigate to the company file’s folder
- After that, right-click on the folder icon
- Select Properties to get the new window
- Finally, navigate to the Security tab and choose the Everyone option
If you are unable to locate the Everyone option in the window, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, click on the Add option
- Enter Everyone in the required box
- Then, tap OK to continue further
- After that, select the Full Control option from the menu
- Click Apply to save the changes
- Then, confirm your actions
- Finally, tap OK to close the folder window.
Different versions of QuickBooks accounting software may have separate folders. As a result, some folders may not be in the installation file. You can only change the folder permissions if they are on your device. In short, you need to change the folder permissions for all the available folders in the list.
Check whether the QuickBooks Error 6123,0 is resolved or not. After changing the folder permissions, open QuickBooks accounting software and finalize the sign-in process. If you are still facing the issue, move to the following method:
Fix QuickBooks Error 6123,0- Move Company Files
QuickBooks software might have issues accessing the files if the folder is too long or complicated for the company file’s folder. You can move the QuickBooks company files to a new location. In short, you can resolve the issue by copying the files to the desktop.
Follow these simple steps:
- Firstly, navigate to the company file’s folder
- Search files that have your company name with QBW extension
- After that, right-click on the file name and tap Copy
- Navigate to your Desktop setting
- Right-click on the desktop and paste the file
- Then, press & hold the Ctrl key
- Launch the QuickBooks desktop software
- After that, go to the No Company Open window
- Choose Open from the main menu and go to Desktop
- Finally, select the open company files.
Make sure that the QuickBooks Error 6123,0 is gone. You can also save your QuickBooks company files in a folder.
Above are the effective methods to fix the QuickBooks Error 6123,0. These methods can help you resolve the error code. If you have tried all the methods mentioned above but still have the issue, you can consult experts from Wire IT Solutions for help. The company offers software support, accounting services, and tax filing services to grow your business.