QuickBooks software is one of the best accounting software for small to medium businesses. Everything perfect just can’t be true! Thus, even in the best software, you may encounter various error codes while using the QuickBooks program. QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77 is a standard error that arises for multiple reasons. It can cause severe damage to your Windows and QuickBooks data files in the long term. So, you should resolve the issue as soon as possible.
If you have the same issue on your PC, we are here to help you. The blog includes reasons, signs, and troubleshooting steps. QuickBooks Error Code occurs when you use the QuickBooks program in multi-user mode. It allows you to share files across your network.
QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 77 is a standard error that displays a full-screen error message on your display. You may encounter the issue when your PC cannot access this file. Here are the main reasons behind the error code:
- Damaged or Corrupted QuickBooks files
- Unauthorized access of the folder
- Restriction from firewall or security software
- Connection issue with hosting PC
- The file is not on a shared network.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77- File Doctor Tool
You can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6000 77. Follow the instructions given below:
- Firstly, go to the QuickBooks official website
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool installation file for your device
- Click on the installation file and tap Run
- Grant permission and follow the instructions on your display
- After that, tap Install to start the installation process
- Finish the installation process and launch the program
- Then, select your company file associated with the error code
- Type in your account’s username and password
- Finally, reboot your system.
Read More:- QuickBooks Error 6175 (6 Steps To Resolve On Your Own)
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77- Recreate Damaged Folder
Here are the steps to recreate the damaged folder:
- Firstly, launch the Windows Explorer program
- Press the Windows + E button on your keyboard
- Then, go to the Local registry files C
- Create a new folder in the drive C
- After that, open the company file folder
- Then, right-click your .qbw file’s extension
- Select the Copy option from the drop-down list
- Navigate to the newly created folder and paste the file
- Customize and set Windows access permissions
- After that, share the company files
- Launch your QuickBooks program
- Finally, open the company file from the new folder.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77- UNC Path File
You can use the UNC path-name to fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6000 77. Here are the step-by-step instructions to resolve the issue:
- Firstly, right-click on the QuickBooks icon
- Then, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard
- Choose the Run as Admin option from the drop-down list
- After that, press the Ctrl button to get the No company window
- Click the File tab on the top left corner
- Select the Open or Restore the Company option from the list
- Then, open a company file and hit the Next button
- Click on the Network option from the left panel
- Navigate to the location of the folder and select the company file
- Finally, set up the folder permissions and open your company files.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77- Rename.NG &.TLG files
Your company file and transaction file have the same name, but the transaction file includes all the transaction logs of your company. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6000 77-
- Firstly, navigate to the folder location
- After that, locate your company files
- Find out the.TLG &.NG files extensions
- Then, right-click on the file name and tap Rename
- Add prefix or suffix to identify the new and old files
- Finally, repeat the same process for both files.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77- Company File Extensions
You can clean blank spaces before and after file extensions of your company files. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, log out of your QuickBooks program
- After that, move your QuickBooks company files
- Right-click the QuickBooks company file
- Choose Rename from the drop-down menu
- Then, select your company file and tap Enter
- Ensure that there is no space in the file’s name
- Remove the spaces between company name and file extension
- Finally, launch your QuickBooks company file and create it.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77- Configure Security Settings
Sometimes, security software settings and firewall settings may develop an error code or issue on your PC. Configure your security software setting and firewall setting to fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6000 77. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, click on the Start icon and tap the search bar
- Type Control Panel in the box and press Enter key
- Navigate to System and Security to proceed further in the process
- Then, click the Windows Firewall tab from the menu
- Locate and tap the Advanced Setting option from the left panel
- Tap Inbound rules to proceed further
- Then, select the New Rule tab from the right panel
- Click the Program section and choose the specific local path to proceed
- After that, manually configure the Firewall ports
- Finally, configure it properly.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77- General Fixation
You can follow these steps to fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error code 6000 77.
- Restart your QuickBooks program to quickly remove the error
- Use File Doctor Tool to repair QuickBooks files
- Use the QuickBooks File Recovery feature
- Move the company file to a local drive, network drive, or external drive
- Change your QuickBooks settings and choose the right server
- Restore your QuickBooks program
- Update or upgrade the QuickBooks
We hope the information discussed above might be helpful for you to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77. It provides software support for businesses and companies that helps you grow your business instantly. We have discussed reasons and solutions to fix the issue on your PC. If you are not able to resolve the error code, consult the professionals from Wire IT Solutions.