Quickbooks is one of the best business accounting software suitable for large, small, and medium scale businesses. The accounting software fulfills all your business desires. You can create invoices, record transactions, and pay bills. If you want fruitful results, then upgrade the QuickBooks software.
Bugs, Glitches, and Errors are part of every software program, and you may face Quickbooks errors. The main issue lies within the update program. It states that the update program of QuickBooks has been broken. Whenever you use Quickbooks payroll and try to update, you might face Quickbooks Update Error 15106 on your device.
In this article, you will know everything about the error. This article will help you understand the error, causes, and solutions to fix the error. You should eliminate the errors and issues because they can affect your work and blow fatal damage to the device.
What Is QuickBooks Update Error 15106?
QuickBooks is accounting software that is simple and easy to use. It can handle day-to-day business accounting operations. It is a user-friendly software program.
QuickBooks Update Error 15106 is a common error faced by global users. Sometimes QuickBooks Payroll is unable to update the data and files. As a result, it generates Error 15106. Quickbooks has extremely notable features, and these features amaze users. The error generally arises whenever you update the Quickbooks software program.
The update program might be corrupted or damaged. A pop-up message will show up on your screen whenever an error occurs on the device. You may see The update function is damaged or Unable to open the update program message in the dialog box.
Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 15106
These are the main reasons behind the QuickBooks Update Error:
- Logged in as a User.
- User Account Control Settings
- Antivirus & Firewall
- Older version of QuickBooks software
- Anti-malware programs
- Spy Sweeper
Symptoms of QuickBooks Update Error 15106
These are the symptoms of the error:
- Error message: Update can not be completed
- Error message: QuickBooks program is damaged
- Update error
- QuickBooks software freezes and crashes.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15106
You can solve QuickBooks Update Error 15106 with the help of these methods stated below. But, before trying these methods to troubleshoot your issue, it is recommended to create a backup. The backup should contain all of the QuickBooks company files and data.
In case you get any issues during the troubleshooting process, you will be able to reset and restore your company files. Follow these methods to fix the error on your device:
Uninstall Antivirus Software
This is the standard method used to solve the Quickbooks Update Error 15106. Follow these basic steps:
- Firstly, click on the Start menu icon.
- Then, select the Apps option from the setting menu.
- Locate your Antivirus software from the list.
- After that, click on the Uninstall option.
- Finish the uninstallation process.
- Finally, remove the temporary files.
Customize The User Account Control Setting
Follow these steps to change the user account control setting before updating the QuickBooks software:
- Press Windows and R key on your keyboard.
- After that, launch the Run window.
- Type Control Panel and hit the Enter key.
- Then, select the User Account option from the window.
- Change the User Account Control settings.
- After that, tap Yes to continue.
- Set the program Never to Notify.
- Turn off the User Account Control.
- Finally, restart your device.
Log In As An Administrator
If you are not logged in as the administrator, the device will not grant access rights to all the data. It might lead you to a new error. Follow these basic steps:
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- After that, right-click on the icon.
- Select Run as Administrator option.
- Then, type in your device Admin username and password.
- Press the Enter key or hit the OK option to continue.
- Finally, follow on-screen prompts and finish the process.
Reinstall QuickBooks Software
If you are facing the error, reinstall the QuickBooks software on your device repeatedly. Follow these steps to Reinstall the QuickBooks Software:
- Create a backup of your QuickBooks files.
- After that, sign in to Selective startup.
- Then, uninstall the old version of QuickBooks software.
- Reinstall QuickBooks on your device.
- Finally, sign in back to normal mode.
Perform A Clean Installation In Selective Startup
You can follow these steps to start your system in the selective mode:
- Press the WIndows and R key simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Type MSConfig in the Run window and press Enter.
- After that, click on Selective Startup mode.
- Then, load system services in the General tab.
- Navigate to the Services tab and hide all the Microsoft services.
- Disable all the Microsoft services on the device.
- Then, uncheck the Hide services box.
- Ensure that you have selected the Windows Installer box from the list.
- After that, tap OK to proceed further.
- Finally, select the Restart option from the System Configuration window.
Rename The Folder
Follow these steps to rename the folder and solve the QuickBooks error from your device:
- Click the Start menu icon.
- After that, select File Explorer from the list of applications.
- Then, go to the Local Disk C:/ProgramFiles/Intuit/QuickBooks/Components.
- Right-click on the Download folder to continue.
- Then, select the Rename option.
- After that, change the folder’s name.
- Finally, ensure that the QuickBooks desktop is updated.
Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Follow these steps to solve the QuickBooks error:
- Download QuickBooks software on your device.
- Then, click on the Company File Issues tab from the Dashboard.
- Select the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- After that, the software will start the self-scan.
- It will troubleshoot all the available errors automatically.
- Then, follow on-screen prompts.
- Finally, restart your device and relaunch the QuickBooks software.
Use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tools
You can install several tools to fix the QuickBooks Update and other related errors. Install these tools to solve the error:
- QuickBooks Component Repair Tool.
- QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool,
- QBs Install Diagnostic Tool.
You can follow all these methods mentioned above to solve the QuickBooks Update Error 15106. You will not face the same error again. The error can be fixed easily. If you do not want any of these errors in the way of your business growth, then visit Wire IT Solutions for Advanced Accounting Software and Software support. The company provides various services so that you can grow your business rapidly.