You may receive Quicken Error CC-891 while using the Quicken software. It is only because your login details are not up to date. The error also indicates that some incompatible programs are running on your PC. There could be several reasons, and you should find out errors and causes to fix the Quicken error code. Quicken can manage your financial data in the best way. Every software comes with pros and cons. In this article, we have examined all the possible causes of the Quicken error 891. Here are a few methods to troubleshoot the Quicken error that you can follow one of these solutions to get rid of the error. After following the below methods, you will not face the same error on your account again.
Fix The Quicken Error CC-891- Latest Quicken Software
You should use the latest Quicken software to fix the Quicken Error CC-891. Go through these step-by-step procedures to update the Quicken software:
- Launch the Quicken software
- Tap the Help option to continue
- After that, tap the Check for Updates option
- Select the latest version from the list
- Follow the prompts that appeared on your screen
- Tap the Update Now option
- Click OK to install the latest updates
- Finally, relaunch the Quicken application.
If you are using the latest version of Quicken accounting software and facing the same issue, then follow the second method.
Fix The Quicken Error CC-891- Refresh Account Details
Refresh your online account information to fix the Quicken error. Follow these basic steps to resolve the issue:
- First, launch your Quicken software and go to the Tools section
- Go to the Account list tab and locate the Quicken account equipped with error
- After that, tap the Gear icon to continue further
- Select the Update Now option to refresh account details
- Complete the update process by following on-screen prompts
- Finally, refresh the account details and update the online account details.
If you have the same issues on multiple accounts, then repeat the same process for each account. You can refresh your online account details to solve the error in Quicken accounts.
Fix The Quicken Error CC-891- Deactivate And Reactivate
Follow these steps to deactivate the Quicken accounts. It will resolve the Quicken Error CC-891 on your account.
Deactivate The Quicken Account
These instructions will help you deactivate the Quicken account:
- First, launch the Quicken application
- Go to the Tools section
- Click the Account List to select Quicken account
- After that, navigate to the Online Services tab
- Now, click the Deactivate option
- Tap Yes to confirm your selections
- Then, click the OK option to continue
- Click the Done option to apply the modifications
- Finally, finish the account deactivation process.
If other Quicken accounts show Quicken Error CC-891, you will have to repeat the complete steps to deactivate the other accounts.
Reactivate The Quicken Account
These instructions will help you reactivate the Quicken account:
- First, go to the Tools section
- Select the Account List from the application window
- Click on the Account and tap Edit
- After that, select the Set up Now tab
- Enter your login credentials like username and password
- Click the checkbox to save the password on your device
- Tap the Connect option
- Locate the Quicken account and Link it with your account
- Click on the Next button to proceed further
- Finally, tap Finish to finalize the reactivation process.
If you are facing the same issue on multiple accounts, then you should repeat the complete steps to reactivate the Quicken accounts.
Fix The Quicken Error CC-891- Validate & Repair
Users can easily validate and repair the Quicken files to fix the Quicken Error CC-891. You should also make sure that your Quicken files or data are safe. Follow these basic steps to validate and repair Quicken files.
- Firstly, launch the Quicken application
- Tap the Files option from the dashboard
- After that, navigate to the Operations tab
- Click on the Validate and Repair option
- Navigate the Validate checkbox to validate the file
- Tap OK to complete the validation process
- Wait for a few seconds to start the validation process
- View the Data Log reports on your notepad
- Ensure that your data file does not have any error
- Check the status of your data file
- Finally, repair your Quicken’s Data Log file.
Fix The Quicken Error CC-891- Change ID & Password
Follow these steps if you want to change the ID and password of your Quicken account:
- Select the Tools option and navigate to the Account lists
- Choose the Quicken account that has the error
- Tap Edit to proceed further
- Navigate to the Account Details window
- Select the Online Service tab
- Locate and tap the Deactivate option
- After that, tap Yes to deactivate the online services
- Follow the on-screen instructions and tap Yes
- Confirm your choice to continue further
- Enter your login ID and password
- Finally, follow the prompts and change ID & Password.
Leading Causes Of Quicken Error CC-891
If you know the causes of Quicken Error CC-891, then it will help you to fix the error code easily. Here are some reasons that can result in a Quicken error:
- Virus or Malware threats
- Bad Graphics Driver
- Damaged Quicken Files
- You may get the Quicken error because of an outdated Quicken software
- You may receive the error due to the issue in the Quicken file.
Create A Quicken File Backup
You can create a Quicken file backup so you can restore it whenever you want. Follow these steps to create a Quicken file backup:
- Open the Quicken application
- Navigate to the Backup & Restore
- Select the Backup Quicken File option from the menu
- After that, click Create Backup
- Tap Backup Now to create a quicken data file backup
- Click Browse to choose the folder on your device
- Complete the backup process
- Finally, create a copy of your backup and save it on an external device.
Turn Off Automatic Downloading Into Register
Automatic downloading of the transactions helps you avoid transaction duplication. Turn off the features of the automatic update before deactivating the Quicken account. Follow these steps to do that:
- Launch the Quicken software and go to the Edit menu
- Select the Preferences option under account settings
- After that, click the Downloaded Transactions option
- Locate the Automatically add to banking registers checkbox
- Uncheck the box and click OK
- Finally, confirm your action and close the setting window.
Performing the steps mentioned above can troubleshoot Quicken Error CC-891. You can follow the steps mentioned earlier, like refreshing the online account information, deactivating and reactivating the Quicken account, and using the latest Quicken release.
However, if you are still facing Quicken Error 891, consult Wire IT Solutions to solve the accounting software issues with the help of industry-leading experts. Wire-it Solutions offers Bookkeeping services, individual tax preparation, individual tax filing, and software support.