The Quicken Error OL 220-A arises when Quicken accounting software can not read the information sent by the baking institution. You should constantly update Quicken details to exchange data between Quicken and the financial institution. In short, the error code OL 220-A is a banking error. Quicken is one of the best accounting software. The Quicken Error OL 220 arises whenever you add a bank account or download the transactions. You may encounter Error Codes 220-A and 220-B. This article will learn about the methods to fix the Quicken Error OL 220-A. You will also get the reasons and signs of the error code. Creating a backup of your Quicken company data files is recommended before applying these methods.
Fix Quicken Error OL 220-A- Update Quicken Software
Ensure that your Quicken accounting software is updated to the latest release. Go through these simple steps:
- Firstly, close all background apps and launch the Quicken desktop app
- Complete the sign-in process and navigate to the account’s dashboard
- After that, navigate to the Help section
- Then, tap Check for Updates to get the latest version
- You will get a prompt if a newer Quicken version is available
- Click on the Yes option to update it automatically
- Tap OK to continue further in the process
- Finish the installation process and relaunch the app
- Finally, update all your Quicken accounts.
Ensure that the Quicken Error OL 220-A has been resolved. If not, then follow the next method.
Fix Quicken Error OL 220-A- Update Quicken Account
You will have to find out the Quicken account with the same error code. Here are the instructions to update your Quicken account.
- Firstly, launch the Quicken desktop app
- Finish the sign-in process and locate the Tools menu
- Tap Tools to open an additional window
- Select One Step Update summary from the list
- After that, locate each account with a Quicken error
- Note down the accounts and error codes in Wordpad or Notepad
- Then, log in to every account facing the Quicken error
- After that, select the Gear icon
- Select the Update Now tab
- Follow the prompts and relaunch the app.
Read More:- Quicken Error CC-898 (Solved In 5 Simple Methods)
Fix Quicken Error OL 220-A- Deactivate & Reactivate
Follow the instructions given below to deactivate & reactivate the Quicken accounts.
- Firstly, navigate to the Tools section
- Navigate to the Account list
- Select the Quicken account from the list
- Tap Edit next to the Quicken account
- Click on the Online Services tab
- Select the Deactivate option from the menu
- After that, tap Yes to confirm your actions
- Click OK to proceed further
- Finally, tap Done to finalize the process.
Fix Quicken Error OL 220-A- Validate Your Quicken Data File
Make sure that your Quicken data files are safe. Follow the prompts:
- Firstly, launch the Quicken desktop app
- After that, navigate to the File section
- Select the File Operations from the application window
- Then, select Validate and Repair to proceed further
- Mark the checkbox near Validate File option
- Tap OK to start the validation process
- Finish the validation process after opening the DATA_LOG file
Fix Quicken Error OL 220-A- Repair & Link Your Account
Follow these steps to repair & link your account:
- Navigate to the Tools menu settings
- Go to your Account lists
- Click Edit next to your Quicken account
- Select the Online Services tab to proceed
- Tap the Set Up Now option and enter your ID and Password
- After that, click on the Connect option
- Select the Link option rather than Add
- Follow the prompts and finalize the process.
Fix Quicken Error OL 220-A- Uninstall & Reinstall
Here are the steps to uninstall & reinstall Quicken errors:
- Firstly, right-click on the Start icon
- Select the Run option
- Enter cpl in the box
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard
- After that, open the Program and Features tab
- Find out the Quicken desktop app from the list of programs
- Right-click on the app and select Uninstall option
- Then, follow on-screen prompts and uninstall
- Download the latest version of Quicken software
- Click the installation file and grant permission to install
- Follow the prompts and tap Install
- Finish the installation process
- Finally, log in to your Quicken accounts.
Quicken Error OL 220-A- Leading Reasons
Here is the list of leading reasons behind the Quicken Error OL 220-A
- Damaged Quicken records and data files
- Virus or Malware attack
- Due to a corrupted Windows registry
- Incomplete installation process
- Corrupt installation file
- Bank server issue & Connectivity issue.
Quicken Error OL 220-A- Signs
When you face this error code, your PC might get additional issues. Here are the signs of Quicken error code OL 220-A
- Your system freezes due to an error code
- PC runs slowly
- PC responds very late
- Error code notification on your screen
- The system breaks down when using Quicken
- Quicken software crashes frequently.
Create A Quicken Data file backup
You should always create a backup file before following any methods. Here are the steps to create a backup:
- Launch the Quicken accounting software
- Go to the Backup and Restore settings
- Select Backup Quicken File option
- Then, click on the Backup Now option
- Choose the storage location by tapping the Change button
- After that, click the checkbox to include the date
- Select the Backup Now button to start the backup process
- Finally, finish the backup process and copy your backup file.
You can use the backup file to get back your old company files and saved data.
In this article, we have discussed possible methods to fix the Quicken Error OL 220-A. The mentioned steps are practical if performed correctly, and you can quickly resolve the error code. If the above-discussed methods are not working, you can consult the experts from Wire-it Solutions. You can also visit our blog section to get other business management and accounting software troubleshooting methods.