Quicken is an effective and reliable business accounting software that systematically organizes the user’s financial logistics. Quicken provides reduced paperwork along with the print checks, transactions, and quick bill pay service. It also creates a comprehensive budget to keep a record of your revenue. However, the users face various errors and glitches while using it. You may encounter Quicken error OL-221-A and error OL-221-B during the use of online services offered by Quicken software. Quicken Error OL-221-A mainly occurs whenever you download the bank’s transaction details. The error also occurs repeatedly during the software installation. You will find practical and reliable methods to fix the error in this article.
What is Quicken Error OL-221-A?
Quicken Error OL-221-A arises whenever you attempt to get the online transactions details from your financial institutions. The main reason behind the error might be your financial institution’s web connection or server issue. In short, it is a banking error.
It is due to the error in the file sent by the bank. You might be able to sign in to your account from the bank’s account but will receive the same error code in Quicken software. If you face the error, again and again, ensure that there are no bank outage issues in your country.
Symptoms of Quicken Error OL-221-A
These are the main symptoms of the error
- Error dialog pop-up on display and crashes the ongoing running application.
- The device freezes periodically.
- The computer freezes while launching the Quicken software.
- Error code appears on display.
Main Causes Of Quicken Error OL-221-A
These are the potential reasons behind the Quicken Error OL-221-A
- No response from the bank.
- Bank servers are down.
- Network disruption.
- Unable to receive the response during transactions.
- Poor internet connection.
- Virtual Private Networks
Create Backup Before Applying Troubleshooting Steps
You should create a Quicken file backup before applying any troubleshooting steps. The backup file is only for safety reasons. If there is an error during the troubleshooting process, you can reboot the device and start again. Go through these steps to create a new backup
- Launch the Quicken software application.
- Select the Backup & Restore option.
- Tap the Backup Quicken File option from the setting menu.
- Select the Backup Now option to continue.
- Finish the Backup process and restart the application.
Methods To Fix Quicken Error OL-221-A
Before starting the process to fix the issue, you must detect the error. There are six possible methods to resolve the issue. All methods are mentioned here. As a result, you only have to go through all these points and follow them carefully. Perform these step-by-step processes to fix the error.
After performing these actions, your Quicken account will work hassle-free without any obstacles. Take a glimpse at these methods listed below
Update The Latest Quicken Software Program
Go through these basic steps to update the Quicken software
- Firstly, open the Quicken account application.
- After that, tap on the Help.
- Then, select the Check for Updates option.
- Select the Yes option to update the Quicken software.
- After that, press the OK option.
- Finally, finish the update and restart the application.
Update The Financial Institutions Details
Go through these steps to update the financial institutions’ details
- Firstly, launch the Quicken application on the device.
- Secondly, tap the Tools option.
- Search for the One Step Update Summary.
- Then, select the financial institutions facing the error.
- After that, navigate to the Account Register option.
- Then, select the Account Actions option at the right corner.
- Finally, tap the Update Now option.
Update The Quicken Account Details
Follow these basic steps to update the Quicken account details
- Firstly, launch the Quicken application.
- After that, navigate to the Tools setting.
- Tap One Step Update Summary to continue.
- Then, click on the account equipped with the error.
- Go to the Account section.
- Finally, tap the Gear icon and select Update Now.
Deactivate & Reactivate The Account
You may need to deactivate the Quicken account to fix the error. However, the deactivation process will not cause any data loss. You can follow these basic steps to deactivate and reactivate the account
- First of all, open the Quicken software and select the Tools option.
- After that, click the Edit option.
- Then, select the Online Services option and tap Deactivated.
- Press the Yes option to confirm your action.
- After that, select OK and tap Done.
- Tick the Validate File checkbox and tap OK.
- Then, complete the Validation process.
- Press Edit on the Account list option.
- After that, set up a new account service.
- Enter username and password and click Connect.
- Finally, link your account.
Uninstall & Reinstall The Quicken Software
Follow these instructions to uninstall the old software and install it again on your device
- First of all, click on the Start menu icon.
- Select the Setting icon from the window.
- After that, navigate to the Program & Features option.
- Select the Quicken software from the list.
- Click on the name and select the Uninstall option.
- Follow the prompts and complete the uninstallation process.
- Ensure that all the temporary files are removed.
- After that, download the installation file from the official website.
- Install the software on the computer device.
- Finally, update the accounts in the Quicken software.
Conduct The Computer Scan
You can solve the error by running the computer scan with the help of any antivirus application. It will remove any unwanted files from your system.
Above mentioned methods are easy and reliable to fix the Quicken Error OL-221-A. You might feel that fixing this error is simple and easy to use. You can perform the methods mentioned above on your device. But, do not forget to take a backup of your Quicken files in case of any error.
You can reach out to the Wire-it Solutions for Business Accounting Services and Software Support backed by a team of professionals having years of experience to help you and your business in a better way.