Quicken Error OL-294-A arises while updating your Quicken account using the online services. The primary reason behind the error code is improper service response. The error also appears due to the server issue of your bank. The temporary server issue does not allow users to connect. Quicken desktop software is one of the best personal finance management tools. The guide covers steps to fix the issue and all the possible causes. The followings are the real reasons for Error OL-294-A in Quicken:
- Incorrect login credentials
- Outdated Quicken software
- Temporary server issue
- Improper connection.
It is recommended to create a backup file to save your Quicken data and company files. You can also restore the backup file to a new computer and get the critical company files. Go through the Steps to fix Quicken Error OL-294-A on your PC:
Fix Quicken Error OL-294-A- Update Quicken App
Pursue the steps given below to update the Quicken desktop to the latest version:
- Firstly, open Quicken software on your PC
- Go to the No Company window
- After that, locate and tap the Help option
- Tap Check for Updates to get the latest updates for your device
- You will get a message for the new version’s release
- Select Yes to install the available update
Fix Quicken Error OL-294-A- Refresh Quicken Account
Refresh your online account on the Quicken program to fix the Quicken error code. Follow these instructions:
- Firstly, close background apps and launch Quicken
- Click the Accounts option on the left side to get the account list
- Choose your account on the account register screen
- After that, tap the Gear icon to get a drop-down menu
- Choose the Update Now option from the drop-down window
- Then, enter your bank password on the next screen
- Finally, click Update Now to refresh your Quicken account.
If the Quicken error OL-294-A is not resolved yet, follow the steps mentioned in the following method.
Fix Quicken Error OL-294-A- Wait for 48 hours
You can wait for one or two days to automatically resolve the error code. Most of the time, the error code OL-294-A is automatically determined after 24 to 48 business hours. Changes on your account may take upto 48 hours.
If the problem is still in your Quicken account, you can try the given methods to troubleshoot the error code.
Read More:- Quicken Error OL-301-A | 5 Simplest Methods To Fix It
Fix Quicken Error OL-294-A- Verify Quicken Account Details
Here are the instructions to verify your account details:
- Firstly, launch the Quicken desktop software
- Click on the Tools tab to get additional settings
- Select the Account list option from the application window
- After that, choose your company account from the list
- Tap the Edit option next to your company’s account
- Then, go to the General tab to continue further
- Verify your Quicken account credentials such as customer ID & account number.
Fix Quicken Error OL-294-A- Update Account Password
Here are the steps to verify and update the account password:
- First of all, ensure that your PC has an active and stable internet connection
- Launch the Quicken desktop program and go to the Tools section
- After that, select the One-Step Update option from the menu
- Select the accounts associated with the error code
- Then, follow the prompts and enter the account password
- Finally, tap Update Now to finalize the process.
Fix Quicken Error OL-294-A- Deactivate Your Account
The deactivation process is safe because it does not delete the data saved on your Quicken account. Follow the step-by-step process to eliminate the issue:
- Firstly, launch the Quicken desktop application
- After that, select the Tools option from your app window
- Click on the Quicken Account list
- Then, choose your account and tap Edit
- Choose the Online Services option from the drop-down menu
- Then, locate and tap the Deactivate button
- Tap Yes to confirm your selection
- Click OK to save your settings
- Finally, tap Done to exit the screen.
Fix Quicken Error OL-294-A- Reactivate Your Deactivated Account
You will have to reactivate your deactivated account using the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, click on the Quicken icon to launch the software on your PC
- Go to the Tools section from the dashboard
- After that, tap the Add Account button to proceed
- Then, choose the type of your account
- Locate and click the Advanced tab option from the bottom left corner
- Type your bank’s name and tap Next
- Select the Connection method and tap Next
- Link your existing account in Quicken
- After that, tap the Next option
- Finally, tap Finish exiting the screen.
You need to resolve the Quicken error code OL-294-A on your PC. Here are a few methods to troubleshoot the issue.
Restart Your PC
Restarting the PC might stop the Quicken Error OL-294-A. It will resolve the error.
- Firstly, close the background applications
- Then, click on the Start icon
- Choose the Power icon from the window
- Click on the drop-down arrow
- After that, select the Restart option
- Finally, press the Enter key on your keyboard or tap OK.
Update Your Quicken Software
Quicken offers a free patch release to update your Quicken accounting software. You can manually update the Quicken accounting software to the latest version. Restart your PC after the successful installation. It will enable the latest features.
Open Quicken Without Data Files
Follow these steps to open Quicken software without data files.
- Firstly, open the Quicken desktop account.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift button until you get a blank screen
- Then, open one of the data files on your screen
- Validate the Quicken backup file
- After that, restore the Quicken backup data
- Select the Validate File tab to continue
- Finally, press OK to finalize.
Quicken Error OL-294-A is easier to resolve. You can follow the earlier steps to resolve the Quicken not opening issue. If you can not fix the error code, contact your bank to know more about server issues. Consult experts from Wire-it Solutions if you can not troubleshoot the problem. We offer Bookkeeping & tax filing services to grow your business.