Quicken Error OL-297-A arises when you update bank accounts using the Quicken online services. It is because you are unable to establish an internet connection. As a result, it will interrupt your business activities. Check your connection settings whether they are working or not. Quicken is the best financial software to manage your business because it allows users to manage their financial portfolios. It also helps in effective budgeting. You can also avoid folio wastage and overwriting issues while printing Quicken checks.
The article includes the latest methods to fix the error code. You can access the quicken account without any issue after following these methods. You just need to read the methods carefully and perform the steps independently.
Leading Reasons Behind The Quicken Error OL-297-A
The Error code OL-297-A usually occurs when you can not establish an active internet connection with Quicken Online or Desktop. Here are the leading reasons behind the Quicken Error Code OL 297 A:
- Bank server outage
- Quicken unsupported or old versions
- Updated security settings by banks
- Internet Settings
- Firewall & security settings
- Routers setting
- Internet Service Provider
- Pop-up blocker.
Read More:- Quicken Error OL-306-A | 6 Methods To Fix It Easily
How To Fix Quicken Error OL-297-A- Enable TLS 1.2 Settings
TLS 1.2 setting is available in your control panel settings. You can follow these basic steps to enable the setting:
- Navigate to the Windows Control Panel setting
- Click on the Internet Explorer option
- Select the Tools or Internet options
- Tap the Advanced tab to proceed further
- Scroll down and locate the USE TLS option
- Tick the checkbox next to TLS 1.0 or 1.1 or 1.2
- Choose the Apply option from the window
- Select the Content option from the menu
- Click the Certificates option and select Clear SSL State to proceed
- Tap Apply and click OK to confirm
- Finally, close and restart the Quicken application on your PC.
How To Fix Quicken Error OL-297-A- Update Your Internet Security Settings
Here are the steps to update your internet security settings:
- First of all, click the Start icon from the dashboard
- After that, choose the Control Panel tab to proceed
- Click on the Network & Internet tab from the menu
- Select Internet Options to proceed
- Navigate to the Advanced tab
- Scroll down and select the Security settings from the menu
- Then, customize your settings and select Apply from the list
- Tap OK to confirm
- Finally, update your internet security settings.
How To Fix Quicken Error OL-297-A- Bank Issues
If you are still having the error code OL 297 A because of a bank issue, you can solve it in a few simple steps. Firstly, you need to check that you are getting this error with one or all banks. After that, follow the instructions given below:
All Your Bank Are Facing The Error Code
Follow these steps to fix the Quicken error code:
Time & Date Settings:
Customize your time & date settings by these simple steps-
- Firstly, navigate to the taskbar and right-click the ‘Clock’ icon
- Select the Adjust Time/Date option
- Check whether the time and date setup is correct or not
- Uncheck the box to change the time and date setting
- Navigate to the Time Zone section and set the correct time zone
- Finally, confirm your actions to save them.
Restart Your PC:
Sometimes you can fix the error code by restarting your PC:
- Firstly, close all your opened apps & programs
- Click on the Windows icon or tap the Windows key
- Choose the Setting icon from the window
- Select the Restart tab from the drop-down menu
- Finally, click OK to confirm your actions by pressing the Enter
Reconfigure Firewall Settings
You should ensure that the Quicken desktop has unrestricted access to the internet connection. You can configure your Firewall setting to fix the Quicken Error OL-297-A.
Some Of Your Banks Are Facing The Error Code
If you have multiple banks in your Quicken account and only one bank shows the error code, you need to wait for a few days. Wait until the next day and check whether the issue is resolved or not. It might be a temporary issue related to the bank server.
If the error is not resolved yet, then follow the steps given below:
- First of all, press the Start key
- Select the Control Panel setting from the menu
- Choose the Network and Internet option to proceed
- After that, click on the Internet Options
- Navigate to the Privacy tab and tap Advanced
- Tick the checkbox next to the Override automatic cookies handling option
- Accept the First-party & Third-party cookies
- Press the OK option and click Apply
- Tap OK to confirm your actions and accept cookies
- Finally, close the Settings window and restart your Quicken program.
How To Fix Quicken Error OL-297-A- Reconfigure Firewalls
Firewall settings allow programs and applications to access the internet and online activities on your Laptop or PC. If firewall settings are not configured correctly, they can cause trouble on your device.
Follow these instructions to configure firewall settings-
- Firstly, click on the Start or Windows icon
- Select the Control Panel option from the menu
- Choose the System and Security tab from the window
- After that, click the Windows Firewall option
- Configure the Quicken app settings
- Finally, tap OK to save them.
How To Fix Quicken Error OL-297-A- Re-enable The Access
We also recommend you disable the online access to your Quicken accounts and, after that, re-enable the account access to fix the error code. But you need to backup your existing data and file. Follow these instructions:
- Firstly, launch the quicken program
- Secondly, navigate to the Quicken account
- Select the Summary tab and navigate to the Account Attributes panel
- After that, click the Change Online Services option
- Tap Deactivate and confirm your action by clicking the Yes option
- Click OK to close the Account Attributes window
- Deactivate all the accounts from Quicken
- Go to the Direct Connect section
- Enter your account details and follow on-screen prompts
- Finally, re-enable the account access.
You must implement the steps mentioned above to fix the Quicken Error OL-297-A. Enable the account’s access, reconfigure firewall settings, Update internet security settings, and Enable TLS 1.2 on your system to solve the Quicken error code.
Consult our accounting experts if you can not resolve the error code. Wire-it Solutions offers software support and professional accounting services like year-end finalization, bookkeeping, tax preparation, and tax filing services.