Quicken Error OL-306-A arises when your bank servers are unavailable or have a poor network or internet connection. You must replace your router if it is not providing enough internet speed. After that, check the cable connection of your router and make sure that every cable is connected correctly. If you are seeking the troubleshooting steps to fix the Quicken error code, you are at the right place. The article includes various effective methods to fix the error, leading reasons behind the issue, and symptoms of the error code.
These are the leading reasons behind the error code:
- Bank servers may have updated your account settings and information
- You might be using the older version of Quicken
- Due to Firewall settings
- Popup blocker
- Alteration in Internet settings
- Bank servers may be temporarily unavailable
- Quicken servers may be temporarily unavailable
- Incorrect login details
- Because of a closed Quicken account.
Fix The Quicken Error OL-306-A- Use An Updated Quicken Software
Follow these easy steps to make sure you are using the updated version:
- Firstly, close all the running applications and launch the Quicken application
- Secondly, navigate to the Help section
- Select the Check for Updates option
- Wait for a few minutes until Quicken is looking for updates
- You will get an on-screen message if the download is available
- Tap OK to download & install the latest updates
- After that, tap Yes to start the installation process
- Finally, wait for a few minutes and finalize the installation process.
Fix The Quicken Error OL-306-A- Deactivate & Reactivate The Quicken Account
If you face the error code OL-306-A on a particular Quicken account, deactivate the account from the Quicken program and reactivate it to resolve the error code issue.
Steps To Deactivate The Quicken Account
If your current Quicken account is facing any issue, you should deactivate it. Here are the steps to deactivate the Quicken account:
- Firstly, launch the Quicken program on your PC
- Type in your Quicken sign-in details and log in to your account
- Go to the Tools menu and select the Account List option from the menu
- After that, click on the Edit option to proceed
- Then, choose the Online Services option
- Click on Deactivate and tap the Yes option to continue
- Moreover, select OK to confirm your actions
- Finally, click Done to deactivate the Quicken account.
Steps To Reactivate The Quicken Account
Here are the simple instructions to reactivate the Quicken account:
- Firstly, relaunch the Quicken software and go to the Tools menu
- Secondly, select the Account List option and click on the Edit tab
- Choose the Online Services and select the Set Up Now option
- Then, enter Quicken username and password in the required field
- Tick the Save Password checkbox and click on Connect
- Click on the Link option to add the bank accounts
- Finally, click on the Next option and tap Finish.
Fix The Quicken Error OL-306-A- Use Fix-It Tool
You can use the TurboTax Fix-It tool to fix the Quicken error code. Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Firstly, visit the TurboTax official site and tap Download
- Choose a folder from your storage to download the file
- Then, tap Save to start the downloading process
- Go to the Downloads folder and launch the downloaded file
- Provide the required permissions and follow the on-screen instructions
- Finally, finish the installation process and relaunch the Quicken application.
Fix The Quicken Error OL-306-A- Clean Your Disk Storage
Here are the steps to clean your disk storage:
- Firstly, create a backup of your files and save it to external storage
- Double-click the My Computer or This Device icon
- Right-click on the Local Disk C
- Choose the Properties option from the drop-down menu
- Then, click on the General tab
- Tap the Disk Cleanup tab to continue
- Choose the File types from the window
- After that, select the Cleanup system files option from the window
- Follow the on-screen prompts and delete temporary files.
Read More:- Quicken Error OL-393-A | 7 Effective Methods To Fix It
Fix The Quicken Error OL-306-A- Close The Conflicting Programs
Locate and close the other conflicting programs for the Quicken error code:
- First of all, right-click the Start icon
- Secondly, tap the Task Manager option from the drop-down list
- Click on the Processes tab to get the list of running services
- Then, choose the conflicting services and programs from the list
- Right-click on the icon and select the End Process option
- Finally, close the incompatible program and update TurboTax.
Fix The Quicken Error OL-306-A- Validate & Repair Quicken Logs
Go through these instructions to ensure that your files are safe:
- Firstly, launch the Quicken software
- Click the File tab from the top left corner
- Then, select the File Operations tab
- Go to the Validate option and hit the Repair tab
- Tick the Validate File checkbox to continue
- After that, click the OK option to confirm
- Save the Quicken transactions by clicking the Yes option
- Begin the validation process of the Quicken software
- After that, open the DATA_LOG notepad
- Finish the account reactivation process.
Quicken Error OL-306-A- Symptoms
Here is the list of error symptoms:
- The error code displays a message on your screen
- Your PC freezes
- Poor performances of your PC
- The error code crashes the running applications in the background
- Your PC starts responding late or slow.
You can fix the Quicken Error OL-306-A by following the steps mentioned above. Update your Quicken accounting software to the latest version, validate & repair, clean up your storage, use the fix-it tool, and Deactivate & Reactivate the Quicken account on your PC.
Wire-it Solution’s experts will guide you in every single step to fix the issue. If you cannot resolve the error, connect to our experts to get an instant solution. You can also use software support and advanced accounting services from Wire IT Solution.