TurboTax Error 42016 is a runtime error code. It occurs whenever the TurboTax program crashes on your device. The error code may affect your system’s performance and speed. You will get the error message on your screen, and you need to resolve the error code as soon as possible.
Here are the simplest methods to fix the error code. But, before following the steps given above, you need to know the reasons behind the error code and its signs. Here are the leading causes behind the error code 42016:
- Incomplete download of the setup file
- Bad Graphics Driver
- Memory Issues
- Poor Internet Connections
- Virus Infection.
Now take a look at the signs of TurboTax Error code 42016:
- TurboTax error code pops up on your screen
- Dialogue box comes up repeatedly on your screen
- Deleted files on your device
- A sudden drop in the internet speed
- Device becomes laggy
- Late response by your device.
Steps To Fix TurboTax Error 42016- Close Other Conflicting Programs Or Services
Follow the steps given below to fix the TurboTax error code 42016 by closing conflicting programs and services:
- Firstly, right-click on the Start icon
- Choose the Task Manager tab from the drop-down menu
- Get the list of running programs, apps, and services
- Then, maximize the screen and go to the Processes tab
- Select the Windows processes, Background processes, or Apps from the list
- Then, select the program name and choose the End Task tab
- Reinstall or update the program that displays TurboTax error while closing the task
- Follow on-screen prompts and restart your device.
Steps To Fix TurboTax Error 42016- Install The Latest Windows OS
Windows updates provide you with the latest security updates and patches that protect you from virus and malware attacks. You must use the latest Windows OS to fix the TurboTax error code 42016. Go through the instructions mentioned below:
- Firstly, click on the Start or Windows icon from the main menu
- Click on the Setting icon to proceed further
- After that, click on the Update and Security tab
- Select the Check for Updates tab and search for the latest updates
- Tap Download and Install to download the latest Windows updates
- Then, make sure that you have an internet connection
- Select the Install option to install the latest Windows updates
- Finally, install the latest updates and restart your device.
Steps To Fix TurboTax Error 42016- Reinstall Runtime Libraries
If you have updated any programs and services, you might get the error code 42016 if the updates were not installed correctly. You must reinstall the current package by following these instructions:
- First of all, click on the Windows or Start icon
- Navigate to the Programs and Features tab
- After that, locate your current package
- Then, uninstall the package and delete the remaining files
- Reboot your device and download the latest redistribution package
- Finally, install the latest package and launch TurboTax software.
Steps To Fix TurboTax Error 42016- Reinstall The Graphics Driver
The error code 42016 also arises because of the wrong graphics driver., You will have to reinstall the graphics driver on your PC to fix the error code:
- First of all, click on the Windows or Start icon
- Tap the Device Manager option from the list
- After that, locate your Graphics Driver from the list
- Select your video card driver from the list
- Then, right-click the name and select Uninstall
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the uninstallation process
- Finally, restart your device.
Steps To Fix TurboTax Error 42016- Manually fix It
Follow these steps to resolve the TurboTax error code 42016:
- Create a backup of your TurboTax files
- Run the TurboTax Fix-it tool and resolve the issue
- Update the TurboTax software (Manually or Automatically)
- Check you have an active internet connection
Steps To Fix TurboTax Error 42016- Backup Your TurboTax Files
Everyone must create a backup of their tax files. Go through these steps to backup your TurboTax files:
- Launch the TurboTax app and open the tax return file
- Select the File tab from the top-left corner
- Then, tap Save as for Windows & Save for Mac
- Tap Browse and choose the device folder where you want to save the file
- After that, type the name of your file and tap Save
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finalize the backup process.
- Finally, synchronize your files.
Steps To Fix TurboTax Error 42016- Delete Registry Files
Follow these steps to delete Registry files on your device-
- Firstly, create a backup of your entries
- Tap the Start icon and enter Regedit in the text field
- Choose the software and click on the Microsoft option
- Then, tap Windows and select the current version to proceed
- Select the Uninstall option and locate the software to proceed
- After that, copy the text and enter it in the Search field
- Then, paste your data into the required field
- Tap OK to uninstall the app and download the latest version
- Finally, install the software again and relaunch the software.
Steps To Fix TurboTax Error 42016- Check Your RAM
Go through the instructions listed below to fix the TurboTax error 42016-
- First of all, right-click the Start icon
- Then, select the Control Panel tab
- Go to the Administrative Tools tab and tap Windows Memory Diagnostic
- Navigate to the Built-in option and finish the procedure
- Once you complete your process, you will get a notification
- If there is no problem detected, then you are good to go
- If you get any errors, then follow the other methods.
Quick Fixes To Resolve The TurboTax Error Code 42016
You must try these methods to resolve the issue on your PC quickly.
- Restart your PC
- Repair the TurboTax app
- Check your internet connection
After reading the above blogs, you will get a better idea of fixing TurboTax error code 42016. You can manually fix the error code by updating the TurboTax software, using the Fix-It tool, creating and restoring TurboTax backup, reinstalling the graphics driver, reinstalling the redistribution libraries, Updating windows OS, and closing other conflicting programs.
Consult our experts if you face any issues while performing troubleshooting methods. Wire-it Solutions offers advanced accounting services and software support backed by professionals and industry experts.