TurboTax Reject Code IND-031-04 occurs when the primary taxpayer’s pin or Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) does not match the IRS records. Please check your 2020 IRS form 1040 Line 11 to enter the correct Adjusted Gross Income. In short, you will get these rejection codes when the entered details do not match from the IRS database.
If you are still facing the error code after entering the on-screen AGI on your TurboTax account, you need to follow the various methods mentioned below to fix the issue. Here are the main reason behind the rejection:
- Entered AGI does not match with IRS records
- Entered PIN does not correspond with IRS records.
Steps To e-File TurboTax Reject Code Ind-031-04
To resolve the Reject Code Ind-031-04 TurboTax issue, you can follow these simple steps:
Reject Code Ind-031-04 TurboTax- On TurboTax Online
Follow these instructions if you use TurboTax Online:
- Firstly, complete the TurboTax sign-in process
- Click the Fix my Return option from the main menu
- Tap the Refile option and select the Revisit or Fix it now tab
- Enter your AGI exactly it appears on the TurboTax screen
- After that, select the Continue e-filing option
- Do not try to round off or split the number
- Confirm the number on your next screen
- Then, tap the This is my 2020 AGI option
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to resubmit your returns.
Reject Code Ind-031-04 TurboTax- On TurboTax Software
Here are the steps to resolve the issue on the TurboTax software installed on your device:
- Firstly, log in to your TurboTax account and go to the Fix my return option
- Tap Fix it now or Revisit option to make some changes
- Enter the adjusted gross income from IRS form 1040, line 11
- Enter the exact number and do not try to calculate anything
- After that, confirm that the entered AGI is correct
- Choose the This is my 2020 AGI option to update the required details
- Then, follow on-screen prompts and submit your answers
- Finish the process and refile your return.
Reject Code Ind-031-04 TurboTax- On TurboTax Mobile App
TurboTax mobile applications do not allow you to complete the whole process. You will have to leave the application window and complete the process in the browser’s window. Follow the step-by-step process to resolve the issue:
- Firstly, launch the TurboTax mobile application
- After that, select the Menu icon and tap sign out
- Then, open any browser and visit the TurboTax official site
- Log in to your TurboTax account and follow the steps mentioned above
- Finally, fix your Adjusted Gross Income to continue.
TurboTax Reject Code IND-301-04- Adjusted Gross Income Tips
Here are the AGI tips that you need to follow:
- Firstly, get the AGI from the IRS transcript
- You should not calculate AGI from IRS form 1099s or W-2s
- Do not use the adjusted gross income from the amended return
- If you have mailed your return, then enter 0 for your 2020 AGI
- If you are filing separately this year but filed jointly last year, you must enter last year’s AGI
- The first-time filer should enter 0 as your AGI if you are over 16
- Finally, review your paper copy or e-file
TurboTax Reject Code IND-301-04- AGI Amount
If your IRS form continues to get rejected because of adjusted gross income, then you need to print and mail your return. You can find the Internal Revenue Service mailing address on the official IRS website. Use the mail address to file your state return. Follow these steps to correct your AGI amount:
- Firstly, log in to your TurboTax account
- Tap Returns and go to the e-file section
- Select the I’m done with my return tab from the menu
- After that, tap Ready to File and follow on-screen prompts
- Tap the Continue option from the following page
- Then, click the Edit option under the Sign & File tab
- Finally, select Continue to correct your AGI amount.
Steps To Fix The AGI On TurboTax
Go through these steps to fix the AGI on TurboTax:
- Firstly, launch the TurboTax program and open your Returns
- After that, click the File tab to continue
- Select the options from your screen
- Then, enter your AGI from last year’s return
- Tap Continue and follow the prompts
- Finally, complete the process and close the window.
TurboTax Reject Code IND-301-04- Steps To Provide Authentication
Whenever you e-file the IRS form, you do not get the signature validation to identify your identity. So, the IRS uses a self-select pin method to authorize your e-file. Steps to provide authentication:
- Use 5 digits self-select pin create last year
- Use adjusted gross income amount on IRS form 1040, line 7.
If you have the last year’s self-select pin, you need to enter the AGI amount. On the other hand, if you filed an amended return last year, then make sure to enter the AGI return amount.
Additional Support For e-file
Follow these instructions to e-file:
- If you or a secondary taxpayer is under the age of 16, You must file a paper return
- File a paper return if you are filing for the first time, and you have never filed a tax return
- You can use the AGI amount in the prior form 1040 line 7 if you are over 16 to confirm your identity
- Do not split the amount in half if you are filing it jointly. Enter the whole Adjusted Gross Income amount
- Choose the correct option in the E-Filing prior year information
- If the filing status has changed from the last year, use unique AGI from the previous year
- Obtain the proper amount from the previous year’s return copy.
TurboTax Reject Code IND-301-04- Locate Or Retrieve Previous Year’s AGI
Go through these steps to locate the AGI on the prior year’s return and fix the Reject Code Ind-031-04 TurboTax:
- Firstly, launch the TurboTax program
- Log in to your TurboTax account
- After that, navigate to the Returns page
- Access the preceding year’s return file
- Then, download the return file on your device
- Open the Return File and view the summary of your return
- Finally, preview the Form and access the AGI information.
The above guide will help you resolve your account’s TurboTax reject code IND-031-04. You can use the AGI amount to resolve the rejection code error. If you can not fix the issue on your own, then consult our experts. Our experts have the technical and accounting knowledge to resolve the issue immediately.
Wire-it Solutions offers professional accounting services like bookkeeping services, year-end finalization services, tax preparation & filing services, and software support for QuickBooks, TurboTax, Quicken, Xero, Sage, Kashflow, Tally ERP9, and TurboCASH.