You may encounter the TurboTax Error 2329 while calculating the taxes. The error code arises when you try to download & install the latest program update from the browser. The error code typically occurs due to corruption in your Windows operating system. TurboTax handles complex state and federal taxes. In short, TurboTax is a tax preparation software package. It is an excellent choice for small to midsize businesses. It allows you to perform tax-related activities and fill up your basic details automatically. You can also avoid silly mistakes and get more returns using the TurboTax software.
The process to uninstall TurboTax error message 2329 indicates that your connection is not active or secure. The solution to uninstall TurboTax error message 2329 is mentioned in the article. Go through the entire article to know how to fix TurboTax error 2329.
TurboTax Error 2329- Leading Reasons
Here are the leading reasons behind the TurboTax error message 2329-
- Poor Internet Connectivity
- Outdated TurboTax program
- Anti-virus treats TurboTax as a threat
- Windows Firewall settings
- Heavy cache & cookies data
- Web browser data
Here are the troubleshooting steps for the TurboTax error message 2329.
Fix TurboTax Error 2329- Turn Off Windows Firewall
You need to turn off the Windows Firewall feature to fix the error code 2329. Follow the steps to know how to fix TurboTax Error 2329:
- Firstly, click the Windows or Start button
- Click on the search field and type Control Panel
- After that, press the Enter key on your keyboard
- Locate and launch the Control Panel program from search results
- Then, select the System and Security option from the window
- Navigate to the Windows Firewall tab
- Click on the toggle to turn off the Windows Firewall feature
- Finally, disable the Firewall
Fix TurboTax Error 2329- Erase Browser Cookies & Data
Here are the steps to delete cache & cookies data of your internet browser:
On Google Chrome Browser
Go through the steps to delete browser cookies and data from Google Chrome:
- Firstly, launch your Google Chrome browser
- Tap on the Customize button to proceed
- Click three vertical dots on the top-right corner
- After that, select the Tools option from the menu
- Choose the Clear Browsing Data from the settings
- Then, select the Clear Data option to proceed
- Follow the prompts and relaunch your internet browser
- Finally, access the TurboTax website and ensure the error is resolved.
On Safari Browser
Follow the step-by-step process to delete cookies and data from Safari:
- Firstly, launch the Safari web browser application
- Then, locate the History option from the taskbar
- Select the History option to open the list of all visited sites
- Click the Clear History option to continue
- After that, tap the All-Time option
- Tap OK to delete the history
- Finally, confirm your actions and erase the browser data & cookies.
On Mozilla Firefox
Here are the instructions to erase data and cookies from Mozilla Firefox:
- Firstly, open the Mozilla Firefox browser
- Then, select the Menu button from the browser window
- Tap Options or three dots to open the additional tools menu
- Navigate to the Privacy and Security window
- After that, select the Clear Data button to proceed
- Choose the Cookies and Site Data section from the menu
- Untick the box next to Cookies and Site data
- Finally, select the Clear tab to erase browser data and cookies.
Fix TurboTax Error 2329- Provide Admin Rights
Here are the steps to run TurboTax as administrator and grant admin rights:
- Firstly, close your TurboTax program
- Right-click on the TurboTax icon
- After that, choose the Properties option
- Select the Compatibility mode from the list
- Then, check the Run as Administrator option
- Click on the Apply option
Finally, press the OK button.
Fix TurboTax Error 2329- Verify Internet Connectivity
There is a slight chance that the internet connection speed of your service provider is too weak or not even working. Follow the steps to know how to fix TurboTax Error 2329:
- Firstly, close all your browsers & applications
- Visit any site to check your internet connection
- Visit heavy video websites
- Check whether everything is working okay or not
- Then, restart your modem or Wi-Fi-router
- Contact your service provider if the internet is not working
- Finally, download the TurboTax updates again.
Fix TurboTax Error 2329- Update Your Windows OS
Update your Windows operating system to Uninstall TurboTax error message 2329 on your device. Follow the steps mentioned below:
For Windows 8 Users
Go through the instructions stated below:
- Firstly, swipe-in from the right-edge
- Select the Settings option from the menu
- Choose the Change PC Settings option
- Select the Update & Recovery tab to proceed further
- Click on the Windows Update option
- Then, tap Check Now to get the updates
- Look out for the available updates to download
- Finish the updates downloading process
- Finally, restart your computer to install the latest updates.
For Windows 10 Users
Follow the steps to update your OS to the latest version:
- Firstly, close the TurboTax application
- Navigate to the Windows Setting menu
- After that, select the Update & Security tab
- Then, tap Windows Update to continue further
- Choose the Check for Updates button to get the latest security patches
- Download the security patch updates on your PC
- Finally, complete the update process and restart your PC.
Fix TurboTax Error 2329- DISM Command
DISM stands for Deployment Image Servicing and Management. It is used to fix the errors in the Windows operating system. Follow the step-by-step process mentioned below:
- Firstly, press the Windows key to open the Start menu
- Enter Command Prompt in the search bar
- Click on the Command Prompt icon
- Choose the Run as Administrator tab to continue
- Type DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/restorehealth in the window
- Then, press the Enter key on your keyboard
- Complete the restoration process
- Finally, restart your device after the process completes.
TurboTax Error 2329- Special Conditions
We have listed the two most common TurboTax error message 2329 conditions. Follow the steps to know how to fix TurboTax Error 2329:
When someone tries to e-file their taxes, but whenever they try to reload their returns, the TurboTax program asks to update the software. Moreover, you are not able to do it.
You can resolve the TurboTax Error code 2329 by updating the software.
When you can not install TurboTax H&B due to TurboTax error code 2329.
If you are using the older version of TurboTax software, upgrade it to the latest version. You can update or install new updates on your PC by visiting the official site.
How To Backup a Tax File?
You should always create a backup copy of your tax data file. You can use it if the original file gets corrupted or you lose the original file. Follow the steps mentioned below-
- Firstly, open the tax return file
- Tap the File option on the top-left corner
- Choose Save As for Windows and Save option for Mac devices
- Select your folder location by tapping the Browse option
- Rename the file to distinguish between the original and copied file
- Then, click on the Save option
- Finally, close TurboTax accounting software.
By following the above solutions, you can quickly fix the TurboTax error 2329. Experts will help you to resolve the issues related to the TurboTax software. You can also consult experts to get the required software assistance.
Wire-it Solutions offers software support and accounting services for individuals and business owners. You can trust our accounting experts because they have good experience with software assistance.